Sunday 13 September 2015

I do love a good list!

1. Thank you


A big thank you to everyone for their love, support and words of encouragement not only over the last few days, but throughout my journey. You are all amazing and keep me strong and positive. I hope that should any of my family and friends need me, they feel able to ask. I certainly don't want others to think that I have enough on my plate - part of what makes me happy is to know others around me are happy and to provide support and care to those who need it.


Beautiful flowers that were sitting on my desk for me when I got back to work on Thursday
2. Dog invasion

Friday night was mayhem. Mum arrived for a visit with 3, yes 3, dogs in tow. Our two family dogs, Paddy and Tess, and her temporary guest, Klaus. 

We enjoyed a quick snuggle on the sofa before I needed to head off to rehearsal...


L to R: Coco, Mum, Paddy, Me, Tess
Klaus's little legs couldn't quite get him up there to join us! (He's a long haired dashund with teeny tiny legs!)

3. Meeting Ava

The purpose of mum's visit was so we could meet baby Ava, born to very good family friends whilst I was waiting to hear news about my potential new liver!

She was sound asleep in her gorgeous basket when we arrived. Chris and Lucie were glowing and didn't look at all tired (although I'm sure they were) and nana and pops were proudly watching over their amazing family. 

Ava woke and was ready for a change (time for pops to step up to the mark), then a feed. Mum and I shared feeding duty after which I fell asleep. With Ava. 


I am very much looking forward to having the chance to be a mother myself, something that is currently on hold until probably about a year post transplant to give my body time to heal. In the meantime, I will enjoy times like this with other people's delightful little miracles that I can give back when they are less peaceful!

4. Officially a Student

On Friday afternoon, I completed my registration at... UWE! I am officially a student again and will be starting my MPH on Thursday. People have questioned my timing with this. Why take on a university course when I might have to leave for an indefinite amount of time? Am I well enough to take this on? Is it really a good idea? 

The answer is simple. I don't know how long I will have to wait for a new liver. I don't want to put everything on hold whilst I wait for this phone call and if I can at least make a start to working towards a future, then why shouldn't I? If another call does come through, I pause the course and return when I'm able to. I may need to repeat modules or coursework but I am prepared for this. 



Here's to a new chapter!

Keep Smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment