Friday 4 September 2015

Decisions, Decisions!

Things have been pretty exciting lately...

I recently decided (after at least a year of thinking about it) to apply for a masters in Public Health. This is a subject that I find incredibly interesting, partly due to having to go through the health system so much during my life so far and partly because it is an area that my family have had a great deal to do with. My Dad was a GP For 30 years and my Mum works in Health Improvement. 

I sent off applications to Bristol UWE and the University of Bristol to undertake the course part time alongside work.

Last week, I was offered a place at UWE and excitedly accepted. After a week of juggling, my employer managed to alter my job role and hours to suit the course and have been incredibly supportive and flexible. 

Today, I received a phone call from one the admissions team at Bristol University to discuss my capability to cope with the scientific nature of the course. Having perviously studied English and Business, they wanted to make sure i was prepared for something a little more science based than I might be used to. After this conversation, I was offered a place at the University! AMAZING!!

BUT- now I have to make a decision between the two and decision making is really not my forte... 

I will make sure I keep my avid readers informed of the outcome!

Keep Smiling :)

p.s - I will also soon learn how to respond to the lovely comments I have had so far. Apologies for not working this out sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment