Monday 12 October 2015

Back to reality!

After a week of being looked after my Mum, Dad and the dogs, I'm back in Bristol and back at work.

It was exactly the week I needed. Lie-ins, movies, reading, cuddles with the dogs, a little bit of shopping and some family time. 

Whilst I managed to get a good rest in, I still had some emotional ups and downs. This was my biggest worry in terms of going back to work as, while I feel physically much better, emotionally I don't feel in control. At the same time, I knew that the longer I stayed away, the harder it would be to go back so I took the bull by the horns and headed back. It started a little shakily, quite literally! My right hand would not stop quivering and my heart was in my throat. Once I got stuck in though, it settled down and I managed to get through the day without any emotional swings. 

It has been pretty tiring though so I'm now ready to sign off and head to bed fairly soon!


Puppy Cuddles!


Night Night and Keep Smiling :)

2 comments:

  1. Just a short note to say that I hope your week has been ok. Your keep smiling mentality is like mine AIH aside, not that I am beyond a good rant sometimes.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali. I think a positive attitude is the only way to get through these things- anything else and it will take over your life. Well done for keeping positive and thanks for reading :-) xx

    ReplyDelete