Tuesday 26 April 2016

An honest confession...

This blog is not what I had hoped it would be...

I had this vision when I started writing that I would be able to give a blow by blow account of recovery post surgery. I wanted to get across exactly what it was like to recover from a liver transplant and to be able to provide something that would support those preparing for a similar situation and to educate those who are close to someone in such a situation. I also hoped that the blog would educate a wider circle of people... friends, extended family, employers so that they could have an understanding of what it is like to have to go through major surgery and the kind of support network that is required. 

The truth is, I could barely hold my phone for more than a minute within the first 10 days post surgery. I couldn't stay awake for more than a few hours let alone write about what I was experiencing. Once I was discharged, I expected to be able to write retrospectively about my time in hospital and the subsequent home recovery. In reality, I had to focus on actually recovering. And sleeping. 

I feel that the posts that I have written since being in hospital are not written how I wanted them to be. Because of this, I will now be writing as I did pre-transplant. Capturing moments and experiences as and when they take place.

Thank you once again for continuing to read and support me. I always welcome comments and suggestions and will work towards completing the outstanding pages on the site.

For now, here's a picture of me as Yoda...



Keep Smiling :)  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment